"Now You're Cooking with Fire!"
Hello and welcome to the first episode of “Now you’re cooking with fire!”
Today we are going to learn how to make Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops.
While you get paper and pen to write this recipe down, I will tell you where you can obtain this unique recipe.
It requires you to travel to Kalimdor and into the area of Tanaris to seek out Anachronos, Brood of Nozdormu. As you enter the Caverns of Time, be careful to avoid the Elite Dragons or you can end up becoming dinner instead of making it. Once there, speak to Anachronos, and accept the quest: “What Tomorrow Brings”. This will start the quest chain (that is a total of twelve quests) and will end with the quest “Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops”.
To complete this quest you will need 20 Goblin Rocket Fuel and 20 Deeprock salt. Turn the quest in to acquire this wonderful recipe and join the ranks of chefs around Azeroth that can make this rare delicacy. You will also need your cooking skills to be at 300 or higher to attempt to make this dish, mostly because you will be cooking with highly flammable liquids that can cause serious injury or death if not handled properly.
To make this dish you will need:
- 1 jug of “Goblin Rocket Fuel” (Talk to your local alchemist, and get the highest octane possible)
- 1 pound of “Deeprock Salt” (This is best farmed from the elementals around Maraudin)
- 1 “Chimaerok Tenderloin” (You can buy it in the AH, but for the really fresh flavor, I recommend farming the Chimaerok on the “Isle of Dread” in Feralas)
First start by lighting your fire and preheating it to around 300 degrees, then take your Chimaerok Tenderloin and coat it on both sides in a generous layer of Deeprock salt. Let the Tenderloin sit for at least 30 minutes to allow the salt to absorb into the meat. Shake off any loose salt and place the Tenderloin in your favorite cookware.
I recommend a non-stick pan for easy cleanup.
Place the pan over the hottest spot of the fire and blacken the tenderloin.
Add in the Goblin Rocker Fuel into the pan and slightly tilt the pan towards the fire to until the fuel ignites, creating a flambé. Turn the Tenderloin over and continue to cook on both sides to create an even brown color until there is no pink left in the center of the meat. Remove from fire and serve with a Fire Leaf for garnishment and to add color. This dish is best served with some Cherry Grog to give the meat a fuller and more robust flavor; you can substitute this with Conjured Mineral Water if you choose to avoid spirited drinks. You should yield five servings, each of them if enjoyed and savored for longer than 10 seconds will fill you with 25 Stamina for 15 minutes.
* Note: Because the Rocksalt is a preservative, no refrigeration is necessary to store the meat; it should never expire at room temperature.
Recent blog posts
- Long awaited gaming Duke Nukem Forever coming out in May
- Dungeon Call to Arms Mechanic: Yay or Nay?
- Yogg Saron Soloed Death Knight-Style!
- Kalvarian's Corner: Stopping the Burn-Out
- Hunter Memorial: Ammunition (Arrows/Bullets)
- Hunter Memorial: Aspect of the Viper
- Top 5 Best Looking Hunter Pets in Cataclysm
- Hunter Memorial: Volley
- What if World of Warcraft was in Real Life?
- A Letter to the DPS, From a Healer